October 4th: The FCTV - Rotary Auction
Falmouth Community Television (FCTV) and the Rotary Club of Falmouth invite everyone to join them for the First Annual FCTV Rotary Auction on Sunday afternoon, October 4th from 4:00 PM to 8:00 PM. The auction will take place live on FCTV Public Channel 13 and www.fctv.org. Hosted by Adrienne Baumann of the Rotary Club of Falmouth and Michael Kasparian, President of the Falmouth Chamber of Commerce, the auction features dozens of valuable items, experiences, artwork, and crafts from local merchants, artists, and donors.
Some of the items this inaugural annual fundraiser includes:
- an electric bass autographed by Paul McCartney
- a poster and actual used Patriots game tickets autographed by Tom Brady and several other New England Patriots
- half-day sail on Buzzards Bay with lunch aboard a 28’ Pearson sloop
- a sail on the Liberté
- two-night stay in a one-bedroom suite at the RiverWalk Resort at Loon Mountain in New Hampshire
- personalized virtual comedy show hosted by a professional New York City stand-up comedian
- a pair of diamond hoop earrings in sterling silver
- unique nautical mosaic shingle art
- virtual Broadway interactions
- timeless collectibles
- golf packages
- gift cards to popular local merchants
- and much more!
All bidding and browsing takes place virtually through a secure online auction platform. To register, browse the auction items, and place a bid, go to fctv.org/bid. New items are being added daily to the listings, so be sure to check back often for the latest additions. All bidding will end during the live broadcast on FCTV Public Channel 13. Viewers can also access the program through FCTV’s Channel 13 live stream at www.fctv.org.
The FCTV Rotary Auction is a collaboration of Falmouth Community Television and the Rotary Club of Falmouth-Cape Cod. In addition to community service projects and volunteerism, the Rotary Club of Falmouth provides a variety of philanthropic grants and scholarship awards to local students. Recent recipients of philanthropy grants include Volunteers in Public Schools (VIPS), Wings for Falmouth Families, Belonging to Each Other, Friends of Nobska Lighthouse, Falmouth Service Center, and many more. These are some of the very same organizations that Falmouth Community Television supports by providing them the means to educate the public about their mission, events, and services.
Funds raised will be shared evenly in support of Falmouth Community Television and the Rotary Club of Falmouth, each a 501(c)(3) public charity.