Falmouth Community Television (FCTV) is a nonprofit community media center that fosters the production and distribution of local information. FCTV provides access to training, technology and content to encourage community dialogue, awareness and expression.
FCTV has an opening for a part time Government Access Assistant to assist the Government Access Coordinator in the production, assignment and scheduling of all remote and on-site FCTV Government Access productions.
Responsibilities include production of single or multi-camera live and/or recorded government productions on location or in-studio including but not limited to government meetings, interview programs, press conferences, underwriting and promotional videos. Production of feature segments for the twice monthly FCTV public affairs magazine program – Falmouth in Focus. Provide support to volunteer government producers. Assist the Government Access Coordinator with channel and production scheduling.
Required Education and Experience
- Must have proven experience with single and multi-camera digital video production equipment and non- linear editing systems.
- Two years’ post high school related training, education and/or experience required.
- Effective and creative skills to work independently on a broad variety of projects and as part of a team in a fast paced environment.
- High level of accuracy, meeting required timelines and attention to detail.
- Will be required to engage a variety of individuals and diverse groups in a positive learning and production environment.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills to work with diverse groups of people including volunteers, patrons and the general public.
- Exceptional organizational and multi-tasking skills.
- Maintains a high level of confidentiality.
- Establishes and maintains positive work relationships with co-workers, members, clients, and town officials.
- Required to maintain a professional appearance and to exhibit a positive company image to the public.
- Required to adapt to different work situations and environments.
- Strong analytical, quantitative, and reasoning skills.
- Adaptability to learn new software technology quickly.
Compensation & Benefits
- Commensurate with experience for this Part Time non-exempt position
How to Apply
Interested candidates are to send their cover letter, resume, three written letters of reference and online link to demo reel to:
Debra Rogers, Executive Director/CEO
310 Dillingham Ave.
Falmouth, MA 02540
Or via e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Falmouth Community Television is an equal opportunity employer.