From Falmouth Human Services, March 17, 2020:
Falmouth Human Services continues to be available to the residents of Falmouth during the Covid-19 crisis. To protect our community and staff we have suspended in-person appointments with residents. Staff social workers are available by phone to assist with any human service needs that arise during this crisis. If you need assistance navigating resources, have questions about basic needs, or are in need of mental health support, please call our office for assistance at 508-548-0533 between the hours of 8:00am-4:30pm, Monday through Friday.
MENTAL HEALTH RESOURCES:
• Managing Stress and Anxiety - https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/prepare/managing-stress-anxiety
• Mental Health America – https://www.virusanxiety.com/
• Anxiety and Depression Association of America - https://adaa.org/finding-help/coronavirus-anxiety-helpful-resources
• Parent Caregiver Guide To Helping Families Cope - https://www.nctsn.org/resources/parent-caregiver-guide-to-helping-families-cope-with-the-coronavirus-disease-2019
• Cannot attend an AA meeting? Pause A While is hosting free conference calls for AA meetings every day at 2 pm at (425)436-6360 access code 422932#
We are in this together and help is always available. If you are feeling alone and struggling, the following crisis and support lines are available to listen. All calls are free and confidential. You do not need to be suicidal to call. Simply needing a safe space to talk through your emotions during this challenging time.
• NATIONAL SUICIDE PREVENTION LIFELINE 800-273-TALK. You can also reach out to the Crisis Text Line by texting TALK to 741741
• THE SAMARITANS ON CAPE COD AND THE ISLANDS CRISIS LINE – 508-548-0533. Calls are answered by local trained volunteers from 8am-6:30pm after which time calls are routed to the Boston Samaritans hotline.
• SAMHSA The Disaster Distress Helpline –A national hotline dedicated to providing immediate crisis counseling for people who are experiencing emotional distress related to any natural or human-caused disaster. Call 1-800-985-5990 or text TalkWithUs to 66746 to connect with a trained crisis counselor
• BAYCOVE EMERGENCY SERVICES – If you are in crisis please call Baycove for mental health crisis intervention services at 800-229-2683 or dial 911
• THE PARENTAL STRESS LINE – “PARENTS HELPING PARENTS” – available 24/7 in all languages 1-800-632-8188
• SAFELINK – Massachusetts statewide domestic violence support and resources: 24/7 helpline 877-785-2020
• FALMOUTH HUMAN SERVICES – Town Social Workers are available at 508-548-0533 Monday – Friday, 8:00 am – 4:30 pm to answer any human service-related questions and to provide support to Falmouth residents who are struggling with their emotional health during this challenging time.
• FALMOUTH SERVICE CENTER – Drive through Food distribution 10am-12pm, beginning Tuesday 3/17-Friday 3/20. 611 Gifford Street. Ongoing Scheduling will be determined on a weekly basis. Updates can be found on their website http://www.falmouthservicecenter.org/ and Facebook page or by calling 508-548-2794.
• DTA – SNAP BENEFITS (food stamps)
• Project Bread’s FoodSource Hotline - Hotline 1-800-645-8333 is open Monday through Friday from 8:00 am to 7:00 pm and Saturday from 10:00am to 2:00pm to answer any questions regarding SNAP Benefits (all sign-ups are going through DTA at this time) or visit http://www.projectbread.org/
• Elder Services of Cape Cod Meals on Wheels sign-up – 800-244-4630 / 508-394-4630
• UNEMPLOYMENT BENEFITS - https://www.mass.gov/orgs/department-of-unemployment-assistance
Mass Hire/Jobs One in Hyannis – 508-771-5627 372 North Street, Hyannis. Computers available to apply for benefits.
• FALMOUTH SERVICE CENTER – Please call 508-548-2794 for a financial assistance phone appointment.
• HOUSING ASSISTANCE CORPORATION - If you or someone you know is facing a housing crisis, please call (508)-771-5400 or email email@example.com. Falmouth residents can call the Homeless Prevention Case Manager, Zelda Bergstrom, on Tuesdays and Thursdays at 508-367-7210 for case management services.
MASS HEALTH ENROLLMENT:
In response to the COVID-19 outbreak, an extended enrollment period is available through April 25, 2020 for qualified Massachusetts residents who are uninsured. Call (877) MA-ENROLL or go to https://www.mahealthconnector.org/, or for assistance from a MA Health Navigator Call Community Action of Cape Cod at 508-771-1727.
• FALMOUTH SENIOR CENTER - The Senior Center building is closed to the public. Staff will be working and available to respond to phone calls and emails. 508-540-0196
CHILDREN AND FAMILIES:
• FALMOUTH PUBLIC SCHOOLS - https://www.falmouth.k12.ma.us/COVID19
• Talking to kids about Coronavirus – Child Mind Institute: https://childmind.org/article/talking-to-kids-about-the-coronavirus
WAYS TO HELP IN FALMOUTH:
• Neighborhood Falmouth has volunteer opportunities. CORI checks are required. Contact Director Susan Loucks at firstname.lastname@example.org
• Falmouth Meals on Wheels delivery opportunities. CORI checks are required. Contact Karen at 508-548-4198, Monday-Friday, 8am-1pm.