Announcing The Priscilla "Pucky" Roslansky Memorial Fund at FCTV
In 2012, the Falmouth Community Television Board of Directors established the PRISCILLA (“Pucky”) ROSLANSKY MEMORIAL FUND in memory of Priscilla (“Pucky”) Roslansky, PhD, of Woods Hole, Massachusetts, a long time member, producer and supporter of FCTV.
After her retirement as the research director at the Associates of Cape Cod, Pucky became an active member, producer, and supporter at Falmouth Community Television, where she made hundreds of videos on a variety of subjects including environmental, medical and other issues. FCTV named an editing studio in her honor in 2010. If she thought of a topic the town needed to better understand she promptly made a video on the subject to educate her community and improve the political discourse. She believed firmly that all politics are local and that if the people lead the leaders will follow.
A yearly award of $250 will be given to one FCTV member producer who is chosen by the selection committee based on the submission of a video program no less than 30 minutes in length which relates specifically to the Falmouth community and serves to educate or improve public discourse.
- Be an active FCTV individual or organizational member in good standing.
- Sign an FCTV Cablecast agreement/Statement of Compliance giving FCTV the right to cablecast, stream, offer on demand and via social media the program submission.
Applicants MAY NOT be:
- A sitting FCTV Board of Directors member or member of their family;
- A member of the scholarship selection committee or member of their family;
- An FCTV staff member or member of their family
Applicant must submit a 500-750 word essay detailing how this production supports the values of the Priscilla Roslansky Fund of;
- Educating our community about Falmouth issues;
- Improving the political discourse;
- Building and connecting our community.
Applicants must submit a video program no less than 30 minutes in length that supports the aforementioned values of the Priscilla Roslansky Fund.
Send your application to:
Priscilla (“Pucky”) Roslansky Fund
Falmouth Community Television
310A Dillingham Ave
Falmouth, MA 02540
DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSION: NOVEMBER 30, 2013
Award recipient will be notified prior to the end of the year.
Donations in Pucky’s memory may be made to Falmouth Community Television a 501(C)(3) public charity. Donations are tax deductible. Please contact your tax advisor for details.